Helping couples and wedding professionals plan weddings better
Giving couples rewards for planning their wedding on WeddingWire. Helping to drive wedding professional attribution and improve experiences on both sides of the equation.
Wedding couple facing interface devoted to tracking and basic program education. From here, couples are able to track all pertinent information related to their rewards.
- Replicate the steps required to receive rewards throughout the website (marketing page specifically influenced by this).
- Provide couples with segment of total reward ($25) rather than the full reward amount; getting rewarded seems more attainable with the segment value.
- Allow couples the ability to track and maintain their rewards.
- Update social media linking to drive couples into a vendor search flow.
Service developed to improve cross-site search for couples as they plan their wedding. Results more accurately reflect the search term and indicate this relevancy.
My research efforts with this service helped to indicate, how well the results met customer expectations, if the included the tools benefited search refinement and if the results displayed would be more likely to generate action and ultimately leads for the wedding professions as compared to the legacy experience.
- Provide couples with similar filtering options within the newly designed search; they shouldn't feel they're losing functionality when gaining search specificity.
- Ensure search algorithm provisions are functioning with purpose. Given a relevancy algorithm, randomized results presentation is confusing at best.
- Maintain consistent and high quality imagery for all search results to ensure couples see results as worthy of their time and interest.
Wedding Professional Availability and Pricing
Providing couples vendor availability and pricing information to simplify the planning process. Couples are more likely to reach out to schedule a visit or hire vendors with this information. Recommendations garnered from my research helped to improve overall visibility of the availability information resulting in increased customer leads generation.
- Ensure that interactions with the calendar and pricing tools are consistent and responsive. Couples shouldn't need to input information twice within the same vendor search session.
- Maintain high contrast and distinct color pallet usage on the available/unavailable information to reduce confusion and drive usage.
- Import wedding date information for couples who are signed in to eliminate a step in the consideration process.
Accomplishments at WeddingWire:
- Served as principal UX Researcher supporting teams to boost site navigation and organic search (+40% and +85% YoY respectively)
- Improved organic lead conversion (+22% YoY)
- Improved lead attribution actions and tracking (+65% YoY)
- Reduced spending associated with a customer rewards program by 15%
- Created, collected and analyzed large scale surveys resulting in: Increased couple satisfaction ratings (+12% YoY) and unique vendor pages visits (+8% YoY)