UX Designer and Researcher
Creating future-tech solutions to complex and difficult to answer problems
Multi-Asset Decision Making
Finding ways to ensure users can simply and easily understand extremely complex and detailed services within a stressful operations environment.
My work within this space included design mocks, prototype creation and testing, quantitative user testing, results analysis and delivery. This work and final interface helped to form the foundation of a variety of decision making and allocation services produced by Perceptronics.
Moble and Desktop Data Collection Services
A service devoted to data collection and dissemination in a highly mobile and connectivity-sparse environment. Intended for epidemiological data collection and first responder coordination and documentation. To accomplish this application's deployment, an extensive series of information gathering sessions, design iterations and user testing experiments were employed.
Collaborative Mission Development Suite
Services devoted to team planning and strategic maneuver management. Interface intended for primary mission planning and communication deployment mechanism. The interface shown is one of a multitude of the wireframe variations proposed for deployment.
Simulation Based Training Services
Scenario driven, multi-unit control and command training simulation software. Modular, highly responsive and extensible. Within this simulation suite, multi-stage and multi-asset scenarios could be tested and evaluated to ensure mission excellence prior to real-world deployment; of course, many of these scenarios were or are highly unlikely to exist with current technological capabilites.
Social Media Analysis
Providing monitoring and analysis services to better understand how the social media landscape undulates and to identify key insights for social media campaigns. This service was designed to help users better understand how to better reach their audience and capitalize on it.
Disaster Relief Planning and Allocation
Hypothesis driven simulation services designed to test and plan for various disaster scenarios and how to best respond to them.
Accomplishments at Perceptronics Solutions, Inc.:
- Lead research and design efforts on multiple SBIR (Phase I, II, and III) - Contract grant values ranged from $150,000 to $5 million dollars.
- Authored and delivered monthly and bi-monthly SBIR progress reports. As a result Perceptronics maintained contractual obligations to grantors elevating and extending contracts.
- Co-authored two conference publications. These papers originated from: 1. Multi-Asset Decision Making and 2. AREA: Mobile and Desktop Data Collection Services
- Determined criteria for hiring new User Experience designers and researchers.
- Mentored and managed User Experience design and research interns.